Welcome to the Green Forums! Please Register For Free Now!
The Green Forums member base includes well over 3,000 green forums members and 9,000 green forums posts! Be green and join our green community by registering for free today! Registration will give you full access to the Green Forums and takes just a moment to complete.
Please Join Us Right Now!
Solar battery for home use solar system is green energy, transmit solar energy into power.
There are many advantages of solar battery, such as:
(1) Maintenance free, no need add water, no need do proportion of acid and so on.
(2) High-current discharge performance, especially the excellent perfoemance of the impact of discharge.
(3) Self-discharge current, whose self-discharge daily rate 2% below under 25℃ which is about 1/4-1/5 of other types of sealed lead acid battery.
(4) No leaking acid, no mist, non-corrosive, does not hurt, low pollution on environment.
(5) Long life, uesd under 25 ℃ floating charge, the battery life is up to 10-15 years.
(6) Compact construction, good sealing, the battery can be installed with other equipment in the same room, can be vertical or horizontal installation, small footprint, good vibration resistance.
(7) Don’t exist the shortcoming of “memory effect”(referring to the cycle of work, the capacity loss) of nickel-cadmium battery.
We have our 16-US64 fixed average sun angle panels hooked in 24VDC to our 100 amp charge control and 12 L-16S 410Ah lead acid batteries with 3-24VDC desulfators from Battery Technologies, and two DR2424 inverters com linked and hooked up to a standard 100 amp electric panel in the house. Every two months we add distilled water, and after 8 years they still read in the middle of the green. Each set of four is in a special low box with rollers underneath for easy roll out to fill and check from their low special vented cabinet. We have only gone to auto shutdown once in eight years (after 4 days with no sun). Our backup is a Generac4000EXL, which we will run now after two days without sun, to keep the battery banks above 75%, instead of the original 50% recommended. By doing this, along with the desulfators, we should get at least 16 years out of our 8 year batteries. A friend that uses a propane generator to keep his L-16s full, has had them 25 years!!! Lead acid batteries are fully recyclable, too.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)